Sunday 15 January 2017

My Favourite Adventures from Last Year

My Favourite Adventures from Last Year

The last few months have been quite tricky as my Dad has been unwell and we have had to miss and cancel certain events, days out and even a trip to France so at times things have felt quite miserable. However, reading back over my blog from the last year I realised just how many fantastic things we actually got to do in the last year and hopefully will be able to do this year when he starts to get better again.

This is a quick round up of my top three adventures from the 2016- all of which I really hope to be able to do again this year if I am lucky enough to get the chance.


The Puy Du Fou

This is our absolute favourite family day out, and although we have been loads of times we never fail to have a fantastic time and are always looking forward to our next visit. Tucked away in the Vendee countryside in France you would never expect to find Vikings, Romans and wizards but that's exactly what you get and much much more. 

We were annual pass holders last year and went several times during the Easter and Summer holidays- we saw all the amazing shows, visited the historical villages, experienced the WW1 trench, played in the water jets and got lost in the maze.

I have blogged about this amazing place in much more detail before here and would recommend anyone who finds themselves in that part of France to pay a visit- ideally for more than a day if you can as there is so much to do or even better spend a night in one of their hotels and watch the amazing Cinescenie night show- this is what I would really love to do. We watched Cinescenie a couple of years ago and I would like to do that again but to stay in one of the hotels there too would be amazing! 


brochure 2017


Tough Mudder and Fruitshoot Mini Mudder

This was an awesome adventure for my friend and me- we had an amazing time and loved getting muddy. We are both really keen to do this again this year and collect another sweatband! You can read all about our adventure here

I think I will get my Dad into training and so he can do the Tough Mudder adult version! 

This is quite possibly the best way to raise money for charity ever!


SportFest at Wormsley, Buckinghamshire

We have been to SportFest for the last two years and it is an absolutely fantastic way to spend a weekend for the whole family. You get to play sports and learn new ones with actual sporting legends. We had a whole weekend of amazing activities, a family run, a huge rugby game and a performance by the awesome RPJ band for the best concert. The food was great and the camping was fun but my highlight was doing the conga across the cricket pitch led by Liverpool legend John Barnes! 

I would love to go back again, it was such an awesome weekend it would be very hard to beat. You can read all about our experience at SportFest here. We would all recommend this to any family (even my Mum who isn't very sporty loves it) - they even have a glamping option which looks awesome and very cosy and would mean you could get straight on with having fun.  






No comments:

Post a Comment