Yummy no cook double chocolate nutty cereal bars
We have been experimenting with lots of cereal bar recipes recently and after trying lots of different adjustments have found one we all really like. These yummy bars are very filling and are perfect for a quick breakfast or mid morning snack and ideal for an after football treat.
120g peanut butter
50g light brown sugar
50g cocoa powder
1 1/2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon of salt
170g stoneground oats
40g rice crispies
80g of white chocolate chips
* Grease and line an 18 x 18 baking tray.
* Add the honey, peanut butter and sugar to a non metallic heat proof bowl and microwave on full for one minute
* Stir and heat for a further 90 seconds
* Stir again and whisk in vanilla, salt and cocoa
* Add the oats stirring all the time.
* Slowly add the rice crispies until all absorbed
* Add three quarters of the chocolate chips
* Press the mix down into the baking tray
* Sprinkle with the remaining chocolate chips and press down
* Refrigerate for at least 3 hours and then cut into bars
* The bars can then be wrapped individually for use through the week if you can resist eating them straight away!