Wednesday 16 September 2015

Shouty Kid- How Harry Riddles got nearly ALMOST FAMOUS

Shouty Kid- How Harry Riddles got nearly ALMOST FAMOUS by Simon Mayle

When we got back off holiday I was really pleased to find I had lots of post- if there is anything for me it is normally good post not bills and stuff like Mum and Dad get stuck with- I wasn't disappointed as I was lucky enough for there to be several books waiting for me to read and review.

I decided to start with Shouty Kid- How Harry Riddles got nearly ALMOST FAMOUS by Simon Mayle because it looked like it would be really funny. I had not read either of the two previous Shouty Kid books but I liked the sound of it from the information on the back:

Hi there,

So I've joined a band with Jess and this new kid, Kevin, who is pretty annoying but also a REALLY talented guitar player. We've got a good shot at winning the Battle of the Bands competition for our school as long as Kevin doesn't get expelled first. But here's the thing, my Dad has this crazy idea to take me, my mum, my EVIL sister and twin brothers sailing round the world. For TWO years!!!! Swimming with dolphins and scuba diving would be pretty cool, but how am I meant to reach rock stardom if I'm stuck on a boat in the middle of the ocean?

Good luck and have fun.

Harry Riddles


Image result for shouty kid how harry riddles nearly almost became famous

I was really glad I picked this book to start with as it was awesome. Harry Riddles is so funny, the book really did make me laugh out loud.

I loved the way it was written with emails, texts, x-box messages, letters and lots of funny user names- it really kept my attention and wasn't like any book I have ever read before. Some of the people Harry writes to are hilarious- like a Nobel Prize winner and an Agony Aunt from a newspaper.

This was a really great book- I didn't want to put it down. I am definitely going to read the two earlier books now and hope Harry Riddles has some more adventures soon.

I would recommend this book to anyone age 7 plus who likes funny stories and would enjoy a different style of writing. I think it would be really great for people who don't want to sit and read huge chapters for ages and would like a book they can dip in and out of easily.

No comments:

Post a Comment